Worried about a gap that is visible in your smile or feeling the frustration of having to put up with a loose denture?
Then dental implants may be the perfect solution that you are after. Dental implants are artificial tooth roots that can be placed in either the upper or lower jaw to replace missing teeth. Tooth loss, particular teeth in the smile or aesthetic zone, is a traumatic event for most people.
This can result from:
- Mishap injury or trauma
- Unrestorable crack or fracture extending into root of tooth
- Congenitally missing teeth
- Extensive decay to a tooth
As dental implants and the attached crown closely resemble a natural tooth, it is the ideal and often the preferred option.
Dental implants are considered the gold standard for many reasons:
- Permanent fixture rather than dentures, and providing excellent bite force
- Independent of other teeth. In cases there the adjacent teeth are unrestored, this is the preferred option.
- Ability to clean with toothbrush and floss just like any other teeth.
- Preserve bone integrity after the natural tooth is removed. Multiple missing teeth would mean less cheek support, giving a sunken appearance.
Dental implants can also be utilised in other ways in the mouth:
- Implant-supported bridge to replace multiple missing teeth.
- implant/locator to help firmly retain dentures
Our experienced dentists at Essential Care Dental can talk you through this option to help you decide whether dental implants is right for you.